Saturday 1 November 2008

Remember, remember....

It's been cold today, much colder that it has been lately. Proper bonfire night weather. It reminds me of going to fireworks displays as a child, getting all wrapped up to huddle around a huge bonfire, eating sausages as the anticipation builds while you wait for the next set of fireworks begin.

It's pure magic. With sparklers.

I've been to a few fireworks displays as an adult, and have always been faintly disappointed. It wasn't as cold (I've found myself leaving half my layers in the car), the fireworks weren't as spectacular and sometimes there weren't even any sausages!

The weather is making me feel rather nostalgic. I may have to hunt down some sparklers and track down a fireworks display to see if the magic has returned.

No comments: